Thursday, May 2, 2013

TRESemmé Split Remedy

Hi again readers! I have a review of a product today that has somewhat not held up to my high standards of hair care. I must come clean and tell you that I usually indulge in high end hair care brands. I feel that you get what you pay for. However, from experience I have found that there are a lot of drugstore brands that can produce fantastic results. From time to time I do find myself trying out different drugstore brands that catch my attention. The full titles of the products pictured above (from left to right) are TRESemmé Split Remedy shampoo, TRESemmé Split Remedy Leave-in Split End Conditioning Treatment (in the middle), TRESemmé Split Remedy Conditioner. These products claim that they repair up to 80% of split ends with just three uses! WOW!! Who wouldn't like to experience a hair product that could do that! Well don't get your hopes up, because I seriously do not believe that that is possible with any product. I firmly believe that after the ends are split, the only cure is a cut. To start off, I must say that all of these products have a very similar smell. It is a very pleasant smell that is not going to bother anyone who is very sensitive to smells. The shampoo has a very nice lather to it, and doesn't leave your hair as dry as some shampoos can before applying the conditioner. The conditioner is a thinner consistency than that of most other conditioners. Finally the Leave-in Split End Conditioning Treatment, is a thinner consistency as well and proves to help smooth out the hair. I feel that in any hair care routine, it is very important to add a leave-in product so I was very excited to try this one as opposed to my regular one. The over all result of these three products used in conjunction, is very heavy. I have found that they did weigh my hair down. I like hair products to condition my damaged hair, without weighing it down. I felt that it left a greasy effect to my hair, that I just did not like. However, for what I paid for this product I feel that results are not the best. I will let you decide for yourself.

This is my hair in its natural state: (no blow dryer, flat iron, etc...)
Below, the picture on the left is my hair blown out with high end products(reviews to come). The picture on the right is my hair blown out after using TRESemmé Split Remedy shampoo, TRESemmé Split Remedy Conditioner, TRESemmé Split Remedy Leave-in Split End Conditioning Treatment. 
I think the proof is in the pudding, and the results speak for themselves. I feel that the TRESemmé Split Remedy line left my hair with fly-away's, and did not smooth it out as well as my other hair products. If you would like to try these products for yourself you can get them at any store that carries drugstore hair products, or for sure you can get it online at walmart.com. I am in no way "downing" drugstore hair products, I use many drugstore products myself. However, I feel that there products on the market that can produce much better results than the TRESemmé Split Remedy lines. Depending on the type of hair you have, you may have different results. Depending on your hair type you may even love it. Thank you so much for reading, you can find much more information on TRESemmé hair products at tresemme.com. Also, I do not think that you can buy products directly from their sight. These are strictly my opinions from my own experience. Thanks for reading my blog, until next time! :) ..........PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment