Monday, March 11, 2013

CeraVe PM & AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion


PM & AM Moisturizer (Containers Specify)
  1. Contains ceramides, niacinamide, and hyaluronic acid.
  2. Helps repair, restore, protective skin barrier.
  3. Patented controlled-release MVE technology.
  4. Non-comedogenic, non-irritating.
My Opinions On These Products:
PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion:
I do realize that many of my reviews have begun with the statement of one of the many skin care beliefs that I have. Having said that, I must tell you that I firmly believe nighttime is a time for the skin to heal and replenish itself. So it is of the highest importance to me that I incorporate a very good quality nighttime moisturizer into my skin care routine. (FACT) But for the sake of this blog, "In my opinion" thoroughly cleansing and moisturizing your skin at night prepares it for the day ahead. Including overall appearance the following day, and assisting with application of any type of makeup you may wish to incorporate the following day. Now, away from my rant and on to the product itself. The consistency of this "Facial Moisturizing Lotion" is unlike any other I have tried in the past. Instead of the usual plain white cream, this nighttime moisturizer has a gel-like consistency. It is a somewhat transparent white color, and is less dense than your typical run of the mill nighttime moisturizer.When you apply the moisturizer to freshly cleaned skin, it goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly. With my skin being naturally on the oily side, this moisturizer enables me to put moisture back into my skin without the whole oily factor a few hours after after application, or even in the morning after it has sat on my skin all night. I would also like to finally add that this moisturizer is fantastic if you are prone to dry patches.
AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion:
The first thing that I really love about this daytime moisturizer is that, like any daytime moisturizer should, it has an SPF. This particular product contains an SPF 30. It is so important to me to have an SPF incorporated into my daytime skincare routine. If there is one sure thing that I have learned (not from experience, but from others) can rapidly age the skin is SUN EXPOSURE! If you are someone like me, who spends most of their time indoors, then an SPF 30 should be more than enough. If you spend most of your time outside I would recommend another sunscreen on top of this moisturizer. Through the past I have had my share of daytime moisturizers that have went on and absorbed completely fine, only to result in an oily complexion a few hours later. This is the one drugstore daytime moisturizer that I have found that does not cause this. This is a factor in a daytime moisturizer that is very important to me! Unlike the nighttime moisturizer, this daytime moisturizer is very much like your "run of the mill" moisturizers. It is a plain white cream. Like the nighttime moisturizer, it absorbs into the skin quickly and evenly. 
PM & AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion 
It is my experience with both of these products (with my acne prone skin) that neither of them have aggravated or caused more acne spots. Both of these products have pleasant low odor smells. I have heard through others that both of these products come highly recommended by dermatologists. If you are in the market for a great drugstore nighttime and daytime facial lotion, then this is a duo worth checking out! 
These products are readily available at many drugstore chains, as well as on drugstore.com 
For a complete listing of CeraVe products you can visit their website at http://www.cerave.com/.  

Once again these are strictly my opinions only. Thanks so much for reading, and visiting my blog! :) 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ryan,
    I heard that Cerave is a good lotion brand. In fact, I’ve read many rave reviews about it. My current lotion is Aveeno Naturals from Kallony. :)
    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I love interacting with my readers. :) I do love the CeraVe brand. I've been using it for years now. I especially love their night time moisturizer, it's fantastic. I also enjoy the Aveeno brand as well. I have a hand cream from that line that superb. Thanks for your comment! Have a great day! <3

      Delete
  2. Hello, thank you for your review on Cerave Moisturizing Cream for Face. I also read about yourself and nice to know about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I invite you to the page where see how much we have in common.
    best-cerave-moisturizing-lotion

    ReplyDelete
  4. cerave moisturizing cream

    SkinHealthShop - World Largest skincare products available on our online shop, Get best eye cream for dark circles, cerave moisturizing cream, best moisturizer for dry skin, best acne treatment, face cream for wrinkles and much more.

    to get more - https://skinhealthshop.com/product-category/body/

    ReplyDelete