Saturday, March 9, 2013

L'oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo, Conditioner, & Damage-Erasing Balm

As someone who is always on the lookout for "drugstore" hair care products that can produce high end results, I was very excited when L'oreal came out with their new "Advanced Haircare" line. This product line can be purchased anywhere that drugstore hair care items are sold. L'oreal's new "Advanced Haircare" line consists of products for damaged, fragile/thinning, color-treated, normal to dry, and frizzy hair. My hair is bleached and flat ironed usually every single day, so its safe to say that my hair is "DAMAGED"! :) Based on this fact I figured that the "Total Repair 5" line would be the best for me, since it is marketed toward restoring overworked and damaged hair. The "Total Repair 5" line also consists of a Multi-Restorative Dry Oil. I do have this oil, however, I have not yet used it enough to give it an honest review. Assessing this product before purchasing it, I discovered that it has a very floral smell to it. The shampoo, conditioner, and damage-erasing balm all have a very similar smell. To someone who is very sensitive to smells the smell of this product may be a BIT overpowering. Not to turn you away from the product, if you are not very sensitive to smells you will be just fine using this product. Usually,in my mind, L'oreal is a higher priced "drugstore" brand. Price wise this product surprised me because it is a steal. The shampoo and conditioner each were only $4.99 in change, and the damaging-erasing balm was $6.99. The shampoo is very rich and sudsy. The conditioner is thick and rich as well. The overall result of this shampoo and conditioner duo on my damaged hair was good. It seemed to help keep the harsh winter dryness away from my hair, and produced some shine. Moving on to the "Damaging-Erasing Balm", I do hair masks on my hair usually 1-2 times a week. So I was excited to see a treatment balm that was lower in price when compared to a lot of my more higher end hair masks. The "Damage-Erasing Balm" claims on the packaging that it "Repairs up to 1 year of damage in 1 use". Obviously this is NOT TRUE, but the mask did put moisture into my hair, but I wouldn't say that it repaired any damage. I certainly think it's going to take A LOT more than a $6.99 hair treatment to do that for me (if you know what i mean). I gave this product 3 out of 5 stars because for a drugstore brand and its price range it is a good product. However, in comparison to some of the higher end hair care brands that I have used it lacks in many aspects.If you are someone who is on a  budget and looking for the best possible products for your hair, I would definitely look into this product. This is strictly my opinion after using the product on my type of hair! Please leave any questions or comments below!! THANKS for reading my review! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment