Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Crest 3D Whitestrips (Vivid)

I'm almost positive that everyone on this planet have seen this product in stores, and wondered "Do they really work?". I pondered this question myself for a very long period of time before I actually broke down and tried them. The first time I ever tried any type of "Crest Whitestrip" was when I was given one in a sample of Crest toothpaste. Needless to say, one whitestrip is not going to produce a very noticeable result. So I thought to myself "you only live once", so why not go ahead and try a full package of them. I paid $24.97 for this pack of 10 whitestrips. They are labeled as having a "whitening power" of 2, and claim to remove years of stains. The packaging instructs you to peel the strip from the plastic backing, apply to your teeth, and let sit for 30 minutes. It instructs you to do this everyday for 10 days (the total number of strips in the box). I opted to use this product at night before I went to bed, because the packaging also tells you after 30 minutes to lightly brush the remaining gel from the strips off your teeth. When applying the product to my teeth I immediately noticed that the strips were too narrow. They did not completely cover the outer and inner parts of your teeth. I chose  to make sure the outer part of my teeth (that everyone saw) was completely covered, leaving the inner (or backs) of my teeth partially uncovered. I also noticed that the strips were only made to cover the teeth near the very front of your mouth. So don't expect any whitening action on your back teeth. It also bothers me that during the 30 minutes you are instructed to leave this product on your teeth, the strips become very goopy and tend to slide. If this is something that would bother you, I would go ahead and try Crest's "Advanced Seal" line of whitestrips. The whitestrip I refereed to earlier, that I got for free, was from the Advanced Seal line and it did not goop or slide (LOL).  Aside from these somewhat minor complaints, you do begin to notice instant results as soon as you start to use the strips. Of course the longer you use them, the whiter your teeth will get. Now, the next "complaint" that I intend to chat about did not cause me to take any stars away from the overall review. After about 5 to six days of use, my teeth did become sensitive. They were not so sensitive that I refused to continue use of the product, but I did have some noticeable sensitivity. The reason I did not factor this "complaint" into the over all "star review"(LOL), is that many people have different kinds of sensitivities about their teeth. I have heard of others experiencing sensitivity in their teeth while using these products, but not everyone that uses them experiences it. So to finally sum it up, and answer the question "Does this product work?", from my experience YES it totally does. It does whiten your teeth, and the results do last for a prolonged period of time. If you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on whitening treatments at your dental office but want whitened results, I would without a doubt give this product a try. This product can be purchased in stores, and online at walmart.com. These are strictly my opinions, and experiences with this product. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog. Please leave and comments or questions, I would be more than happy to respond to you. THANKS! :)..........By the way, This product is given the "Good Housekeeping Seal" which ensures a "Limited Waranty to Consumers, Replacement or Refund if Defective".

4 comments:

  1. Great blog post! I recommend Whitestrips4u for any UK customers looking for a great reliable company to buy Crest Whitestrips from. Great price and service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to read my review! :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. I got severe teeth sensitivity and simply chose another brand instead of Crest strips. I went with Stella white strips and they didn’t hurt at all, and the result was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of Stella white strips. I'll have to check them out. Thanks for visiting my blog. Have a great day. :)

      Delete